Madagascar

Tia Ko Be Bug

Thursday, June 9, 2011

week of 4/18/2011

Hey,
How are you doing? I am doing very very good. Things are going great with the area. My kid is way cool. He is a great missionary and a very hard worker. And I kicked his butt in Monopoly last night. haha. I still got it. But he is very cool. I have been very blessed my entire mission for my companions and for my areas. Haha so you are reading *************blog. haha how is that? Haha ya... he is ........ cool. Ha no he is a good Elder. He has definately come a long way on his mission which is way cool to see the change in people. Including myself. I am completely embarressed when I think about some of the stupid things that I would do before the mission or when I first came into country. haha, but that is what makes the growth so cool. If you cant learn to laugh at yourself then something is wrong.
So holy cow, if that guy is serious about the job, tell him I say yes yes yes a thousand times yes. I will transfer to the UofU if I have to I dont care. I can start looking into that when I get home, but if he is serious, then I would love to start as soon as I get home. I think that even driving there every day, if the pay is really that much, I could still make some good money. Holy cow that is a blessing from God, and I think that I would be an idiot for not taking it. Plus the U of U is alot closer to home than SUU. Esspecially since listening to conference last week, I dont think that I am going to be doing very much goofing around when I get home, but I got to start looking into the next chapter of my life. Wow that was wierd to say. . . . and very frightening. But I trust in the prophet and know that I cant sit a procrastinate on things like that. But man I am scared as poo to date, let alone look for a wife. I feel way too young. But I think that when I get home, I got to get going on school and find a job, and yes Mar. . . doing that other stuff that the prophet says to do but I am too scared to say it. Haha if you are catching those insignuations. But ya change of subject please. So yes please tell him that I would be extremely interested into transferring schools if he is serious about giving me the job. However I would not feel comfortable transfering if he doesnt mean it. But please still call SUU and find out about scholarships. There is no use in buring bridges before we even get there. We better keep all of our options open at the moment. But if you do have some free time maybe you and dad could send me some info on the surrounding schools and on their pre med programs, and also on the admmittance requirements. I think that I will have to take the ACT again in order to get some scholarships. or to even get in, but I am not sure. I would look myself but we are not sapposed to be surfing the internet and I am really pushing the obedience right now, because I need as much help from the lord as I can get. But ya I would love you forever if you could do that for me.
That is true that we have a very strange family, but I would have it no other way. Even the prophets of old had disfunctional families. Conference was amazing. I dont know if you have hear or listened to the Sunday afternoon session but there is a talk that is about teaching to be and not to do. But wow I think that was Gods message to our family. There was a quote in it that I loved. It was talking about difficult children, and how they actually help our own testimonies, and help us to achieve godliness. He said, I think that we need that difficult child more than they need us. If definately opened my eyes up. But I know that is true. Things are hard, but wow look at the growth that you and dad have made in this last year. YOu are both so much stronger in the gospel. SO much wiser in the gosple. So much more, because of the hardships you have gone through. I know that that is a blessing from God. I know that it is to help you and dad to continue to grow. I reccomend the talk if you have not heard it, but I also encourage you to take a second look to it. I was very touched with the talk. Just like Elder Holland says, if we listen with the spirit we will always see Gods personal message for us, every single conference. how true that is. how blessed are we to have a prophet of the Lord to give us personal 101. I loved conference; but it was too short. I want more. haha I was so sad when it was over.
So we have an investigator that has a little seven year old daughter that is blind. Well I noticed that the little girl is not just blind but that her eyes are buldging out. So I started to ask around and it was crazy how the Lord prepared the way. I found a doctor that works with the Lions Club that would see her for free, and also a school that would teach her for free. Looking back, I am not quite sure how I found it. But I must say it was the greatest blessing to see the tears in the mothers eyes as the school told her that they would teach the girl for free, and would help her learn how to function on her own and to learn how to read and become a normal person. The doctors was not a fun trip though. It was definately a head ache, but we did get the girl looked at. She has water that is filling in her eyes, and she needs to get a surgery that will remove the water. I think that the church might help us with this poor little girl, but I am not sure. But ya, that is what I did this week. That and conference. Also it was way cool, we had 21 investigators come to conference yesterday. I was so happy. The Lord is definately guiding this work here. It is not my work, but it is his. But man it is going by quick.
Well love your guts,
Elder Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment