Madagascar

Tia Ko Be Bug

Monday, June 20, 2011

Letters home today 6/20/11

Hey,
WOOOOO I cannot wait for the package. And it should be just in time. We have a transfer coming up in 3 weeks and since I have been in Betongolo for 4 months now I am about ready to be moving. I am thinking that I could go province again. We will see how that goes. One can only hope. I really cant wait to see more of Madagascar. I love the ward that I am in but I am really getting tired of all the fighting and all of the drama. There are two girls in particular that just make eachothers lives miserable. Ugh. I would never be able to be a bishop. Well I gave a talk yesterday and talked on Charity. I talked about how charity is more than giving to the poor but to not talk bad about others and if you are offended to get over it and to forgive. Haha everybody that didnt need to learn anything from the talk said that it was great. they said that is was one of the best talks they have ever heard. Infact they said that I am not a vazaha but that I am Malagasy. Haha but the people that needed to llearn from it didnt have very much to say about the talk. Haha oh well. So cool story, I ran into one of my old investigators that had moved suddenly from my first area. I was doing zone leader splits and found her. when she saw me she started crying and kissed my hand. It was the wierdest thing ever, but it was really cool at the same time. I also have found this less active family that was baptised in 1998 but they have not prayed in 5 years. I am trying to get them back to lchurch but it is turning out to be alot harder than I origionaly thought.
But things are going good here. I told dad happy fathers day. It is also the independence day this weekend so I am not sure how many times will be taught, but hey there will always be next week. I love you all and miss you. Wow can you believe we are down to the home stretch now; there is only like 6 months left. That is so crazy to me. Well I love you a ton. I will let you know when the packages get here. Thank you so much. I am very excited to get them.
Thanks,
Love,
Elder Madsen

to dad:
Hey,
HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!! you old fart. Are you still breathing without a little tube? haha jk; haha oh man Josh is starting to sound like he is becoming more and moe like me. Ha not telling you about things until the minute of. I hope that he had fun though. I wouldnt sweat it too much he will have another concert so... ya life goes on. Speaking of which though, it has been about a months since ***** has even cared to send me so much as a fart my way. Haha but I am not too worried about it. Haha I will have you know that I am pretty sure I will know how to shave. I think..... But also speaking of which I might need to pull out 20 dollars from the bank account to get this thing called a vango vango. But how is everything goingg at home though. How is mom holding up. I am way excitedd for the package. Haha I will wait by the mailbox every day. And by mail box I mean the little stump that a man normaly waits by reading everybodys mail. Things are going good here. No one has been home because of fathers day and pentacost day....which is wierd because none of them even know what pentacost is it is just an excuse for them to go and get drunk. Also this sat and sund is the countries indepencance day. That should be fun. I dont think we will be able to teach any times at all.
Haha so I gave a talk last sunday. The ward has been having problems about everybody gossiping about everybody and just being completely horrible to eachother. In particular two girls. So I gave a talk on charity and how it is more than just giving food to the poor but it means you dont talk bad about other people and if you are offended you choose to forgive them. I talked about how being offended is a choice and also a sin. Haha all the people that didnt need to hear the talk said it was the best talk that they have ever heard. They told me that I wasnt a vazaha but a malagasy. Haha but the two girls that needed to hear it didnt have too much to say about it. haha I hope the guilt eats away at them. Well other than that things are going very well. YOu can start to see a lump now on my belly where the baby is. Oh boy.
Love ya,
Elder Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment