Madagascar

Tia Ko Be Bug

Monday, July 18, 2011

Letter 7/16/2011

Hey,
So if finally got a new email that will actually send messages. So from now on if you will email this one. Things are going good though. It is really busy here. We are working here in the office but also working my old area as well. So we are pretty much doing doulble the work in half the time. Haha but that is ok it is really rewarding. I am loving every second of it. I am really liking my new companion. Elder ******. He is really cool. Just this last week we set 12 bap dates and yesterday taught 7 times in half a work day. Busy busy busy. Haha but it is really cool to be able to work so close to *******. He is a really amazing person. Both him and his wife are the nicest people I have ever met in my life. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be able to be here and to work with them. I also am driving now. Haha scary. And to make it even scarier, is that I am driving a stick shift. I am just learning so I cannot say that I am very good at it, and this is not really the easiest of places to learn. but my companion has alot of patience and so I know that I will get it sooner than later. Man it is really wierd being ap. But the blessings are real. So just Wednesday we took the dying missionaries to the airport. Man that was crazy wierd. It really scared me to realize how short of time I have left. I am trying to suck in all the experiences I can, because I know that it will be over soon. I cannot wait to see the adventures that are in store though. ***** is going to be having a planning session with us on monday and he is saying that we might be heading back up to Mahajanga soon. I am so excited to be able to go back up there and to see that. I think I might cry when I see the members up there again. I really miss it up there. Also he is planning on having a trip down to visit the missionaries at the bottom of the island in Ft Dauphin, and also maybe if we are lucky, go and scope out one of the new towns that might be opening up soon, Tuleara. I am so excited because he wants to drive down there, and that means we will be going through all of the baobabs and what not. Oh man that will be so cool. I am so excited for that. So one of the people that we taught yesterday went very well. Her name is *****, and we had to just teach her on her porch because we didnt have any guys there to teach her. But during the time we started to teach about the book of mormon and we asked her if she wanted to be baptised and she said, "Finally! I wanted to be baptised the last time you came over but you never asked!" I was so suprised. Haha the work is going great. We were also going yesterday to find one of our investigators and I took a wrong turn and went into some ladies yard. She was way shocked to see us, and she asked us to teach her. Well it turns out that her sister is a member, and this lady had been reading the book of mormon and knew all about joseph smith. She then asked us, " How can I know which church is true?" The time went awesome. I was so shocked at how the Lord is preparing the way for us. If we had not taken that wrong turn we would have never even seen that woman. Things are definately going good in the area. I am also really happy that I didnt have to leave, but that I was able to stay so that I could see all of my investigators still. So I have sent a ton of pictures for you to use. Two to dad, Three to you, and I think Two to nana. They should all be different as well, so you can get on and use them if you would like, I hope that you like them. I tried to find some good ones. I will also send you a picture of me and my current companion Elder ****. So ya just letting you know that things are going good, I miss you all a ton and I will let you know if there is anything new. But I love your guts. Thanks for the package. Tell everybody I love them and give kacee a hug for me too.
Love,
Elder Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment