Madagascar

Tia Ko Be Bug

Monday, February 14, 2011

Update for Bug

I haven't been sharing the last few months letters with the blog because of some personal family issues that we have been dealing with and felt it was inappropriate to post them here as the attention has been focused alot on it during the letters.
This week I asked Bug to share some things to post here and will continue to do so for the rest of his mission.

First thing I asked for was a list of the companions, areas and time of where he has been and have posted that on the side menu here along with an address to send letters and packages. Send anything to the mission home address and then they deliver them to him about once a month in his area of Mahajanga.

Most of you ask about his arm and the surgery and bone graph and how it is healing. His words now are to quit worrying, he just got an upgrade. He is doing great and the arm is healing just fine.

He loves his area and seems really enjoying the tranquility of Mahajanga. When I asked what he has learned he says there is way to much for words in an email, but, I can tell you that he has learned how strong he is, how much he loves the gospel and charity. He has learned the other side of racism and is more determined than ever to help stop racism in the world. People are God's children, all of us.
One of the hardest things that he has learned is free agency. Though it is an amazing thing it is also one of the hardest things for us to accept others have when we want to share what we think is truth. We can only plant the seed, and show by example and stand by what we believe in.

His favorite food in Madagascar is called Ravitoto. It is mashed up leaves. haha. Or a food that is called vorvorkena. It is the sack in a cow where the cud goes.

So far this is what he has to say about the areas that have been his most memorable:
I would say that Ankorondrano has been the most memorable, because it is where I saw so much success that came from obedience. It is where I have felt the best about myself, and where I have connected the most with members. Or I would say Mahajanga, because the work is also going very well, and it is absolutely beautiful up here. There is so much to see, and to eat... if you like rice.

and then..here is more of questions I asked:
A typical schedual is wake up at 6 30 and then go out to work from 8 until 12 eat study and go back out to work at 3 until 9 30 bed by 10 30 and then repeat. We normally go tracting but only for like an hour right now we are teaching too many people to go tracting.
I miss the food the most at home. And how easy it is to get milk. and bathtubs.
Hahaha I cant name just one thing that I have learned so far. Way too much.
Sneaky question number eight is, dont worry all my clothes are fine you dont need to send anything.
Right now we are teaching about 30 people. 24 of them came to church last sunday. 25 of them have a bap date. and 114 people came to church yesterday.
This area has only been open for a year. THe amount of people has quadrupled since AUG.
The churches are not quite the same as what you have back home. We pray in an old apartment where the walls have been knocked out. It is the upstairs only. We dont have enough room in the building anymore for all the people so we are currently looking for another church.
Pdays we normally email, and then look around the little street stands for cool pointless stuff, and then eat and sometimes go to the beach. Then in the evenings we have a FHE with someone and then when that is done we get shishkabobs by the beach. Haha nice right?
For a package I would like any nice food stuff. More taco seasonings, fake potatos MORE STUFFING, and like just add water meals. They are very nice for sundays when I have forgotten to buy something the night before. Plus the koolade things are very good that you have sent. Ya pretty much food. That will be good. I love food. Also if you can a shaving razor. Just a hand one will work. The way the mail works in my area is they hold it for me in tana until someone comes up, and then they just send it up with them. So ya just send it when you can, and I will get it just fine.
We have another baptism coming up on this Sat. I sent dad a story about one of the girls getting baptised. Due to lack of time I will just have you read that one. Haha thanks for the song. hahaha I loved it. Listened to it like five times in a row. So heard you saw a special on malagasy food. Haha you excited to try some of my cooking??? ahaha. (I will post the letter to his dad in another post)

Thanks for keeping up with him, for your constant prayers and love.
Tia Ko Be
Mandrakisay Ny Fianikavianstika

1 comment:

  1. We love the letter(s) and the updated address! We are working on letters this week for him. Thank you keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete