Madagascar

Tia Ko Be Bug

Monday, February 21, 2011

Letters home this week 2/21/11 to mom

Hey,
Man I am so happy that your getting back to scrapbooking. That is to you, what piano is to me. Dont ever quit, the pages look awesome. I hope you liked the pics. So I appologize, I have a ton of awesome pics, but the computer wont read them so I cant send any this week. I am way sorry. But It was so great to get a pic of you and kacee. And a picture of Kacee actually smilling.
Haha but congrats of the first paycheck. I hope that the texas roadhouse was as delicious as ever. Thanks also for getting people to send me some letters. That will be very exciting to get. I am also excited for the package. I dont really NEED anything;
But the last packages were awesome. So ya, feel free to use your creativity. I really did love the taco seasoning packets, and the stuffing. Also any hamburger helper would be cool. I can get hamburger for way cheap here. Basically food stuff. And lots and lots of pictures. I love the pics. So any update of the college things ? I was figuring I would have to wait anyway because I still have a metal plate in my arm that needs to be taken out when I get home. So I will probably need a week or two before I can even use that arm again. But ya. That will be fun.

It sounds like things are going good. It is always great to have friends in the mafia. Lucky. Haha and I am thrilled to hear that Kassi is liking young womens and that josh is doing so good.

Well things are going very good up here. Elder *** is sticking things through. He is starting to get some of the Malagasy down. I took him on splits this week and he was able to pray in malagast and even bear his testimony. He is doing very very good. I think that in a couple months he will be shocked at how well he is. Haha plus the branch has taken it upon themselves to teach him Malagasy, so they are always quizzing him with words. Haha he will get it.

So this week we had a little cyclone come through. It wasnt anything big to cause damage. Just a ton of rain. Holy rain. I have never seen so much rain in my life. I couldnt tell from what direction it was coming. It is normally super super hot here. But I was freezing freezing cold this entire week. I hate the cold now.

Haha so I dont know if you ever remember me talking about ***. He is an investigator that we have that is just awesome. Well the problem is, is that he cant be baptised because his wife doesnt want to go through with the vita soratra, and she wont learn with us. Other than that he is ready to be baptised. Well we have been praying that his wifes heart would be softened for about a month now. Haha and well, God answers prayers, but not how you always expect them. So he has been trying to get her to come to church and learn with us, ever since we have started learning. But it has just been making him frusterated, because she wont learn. So he has been getting mad at her. Well just yesterday we went over there to teach them, and we started talking to the wife . Normally she talks with us for a bit, and then runs off. But this time she started to open up. Haha but not how we expected. Haha So I asked the guy how he has been doing trying to get rid of the cigaretts and he said that they are not a problem anymore. Well she said, I wish you could take care of his anger though, because he is just getting worse. Then she started to say how every time he goes to church or reads the book of mormon he turns into the biggest jerk to her, and is always yelling at her so she figured that the church was bad because it was just making him an angry man. Then he started to get angry and yell at her telling her the reason he gets mad is because he knows that it is true but she wont give it a chance, and then they just both started screaming at eachother. Me and my companion just sat there stuck in the middle of it. But it was a very good thing. That anger had been building up for over a month now, and they finally let it out. Once they got done yelling and saying everything they wanted to say, then we came in and taught how important communication was in a relationship. And if you are not telling someone you have a problem with them, they will never know. We also talked about how no relationship is perfect. You have to strive for the perfection. Then we had them both think of something that they could do to make the relationship go. And the wife agreed to learn from us, and to come to church. I was so excited and happy for them. It was definately not what I was expecting but it was definately progress and the next step for not only fransis to be baptised, but for his family to be baptised. I was so happy. Plus I learned a lesson that I needed to see, and that is the importance of communication.

So we also had a baptism this week. We had 9 people from the branch get baptised 3 were from my area. One of them was my favorite investigator from up here *****. It was so cool to see her finally get baptised. She has waited for so long. And she is so ready. It was so cool to see her make that progress. Also on the way down to the ocean, we saw a lemur !!! IT was so stinking cute. I got a ton of pics of it, so next week I will send them to you. The baptism was interesting. Due to the cyclone we were afraid the weather would not hold for the baptism. But after a ton of prayers the weather cleared up on sat. Well the skies were blue, but the ocean was still wild. There were HUGE waves. We were nervous about doing the baptism, and almost didnt do it, but the people insisted. So we started. First there was a little 9 year old boy that I baptised. I was way nervous that he would be too scared, but he came straight into the water. Well the waves were a good 6 to 7 feet tall. So we had to have 4 people sit and hold us down. Then each time we would try to do the ordinance a wave would wipe us out. We had to try 3 times to baptise him. But the kid was stinking brave. He thought it was fun. Well *** is sitting on the beach watching us get smacked to pieces and when it was her turn she came straight into the water, not even second guessing the waves. She didnt even seem to notice. It reminded me of the scripture in D&C Never fear to do good. I loved the baptism. It was very tiring though. By the time we were finished with all of them I was shaking I was so tired. Some of the people we had to baptise 5 times before it was good. Holy cow. The waves just seemed to be getting bigger and bigger. But To our suprise not a single person was scared or wanted to wait until another day. Haha I just remember the look on the face of the last girl that got baptised. She had seen 8 people before her go and struggle through the waves to get baptised, haha and when it was her turn she scrunchted up her face and literaly marched into the ocean. Haha it reminded me of the 2000 stripling warriors. No doubt, no fear . Just ready to push forward. All 8 of them came out of that water with smiling faces and beaming glows. There testimonies the next day reflected their joy and the peace that they felt inside. It was a beautiful baptism. It was tough, but oh so worth it.

I have a ton of pictures for you. I will try to send them next week though. The internet isnt working well again today.

Stay strong, press forward with faith. Dont fear the waves of the world. Also if you have time Read 2 nephi chapters 7&8 and just think about how people are angry with the churches stances today. I was shocked out how relevant the chapters were for our day. They are Issaiah Chapters but they are actually pretty clear. Dont follow your own fire, or morals, but follow the prophet. He never changes.

Love you,

Elder madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment