Madagascar

Tia Ko Be Bug

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Letters home today!!

This one is to his dad:

Hey,
So here is an update on the hand. You are right, if I would have kept that cast on even a week longer the surgeon said that I would have lost pretty much all function of my hand. It has been a week since the surgery and I am now typing with it. That shows how well it is going. I still cant rotate my wrist all of the way, but I have a personal physical theropist that is working with me and she says that I will recover full function, but it will just take time. So the pain in my hand wasnt that bad, either I am way tough or God is watching, because I only took the pain killers for the first two days and havent needed them since. Tell the surgeons there to stop trying to scare you. So I got a sweet scar or two for stories, and there is a bump in the top of my arm where they put in the new bone that may or may not go away. But the arm is great. I will ask the doctor today if he can send you the xray. But I have definately been able to check off some things on my bucket list. God really has spoiled me. I went on a safari for pday. and even played with a lion. It was so cool. I will try to send some pics. I am leaving back for Mada in 3 days on friday. So I am very excited. If people want to send letters have them send them to the Mada address. That is Dingana III Andrainariyo Antananarivo 101 Madagascar. But I am way excited to get back to work. But ya I am actually way humbled by this experience, and I think that I might even look into Orthopedic Surgery when I get back. It is kinda cool. But the arm is great. I got a plate in there, that we will have to get removed when I get home. HAha thanks to Obama that should be free.... doubt that.... but hey we can always pray. Well know that I am more than good. Tell mom to take a valium.
Love you tons,
Elder Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment