Madagascar

Tia Ko Be Bug

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Letter to mom today:

This one is to mom:

Hey Momma!!
How are you doing. By the sounds of all the emails that I got worried off your butt. But please dont worry. Everything went fine with the surgery. I actually owe president **** my life. The surgeon said that if I would have left that cast on for more than even a week than I would have lost all function of my arm. But the surgery went great and now I am working with a personal Physical theropist and she says that I should have all function of my arm back in no time. In fact I can even type now with both hands. That is how well things are going and the surgery was only last week. Also I am not in very much pain. My side hurts only when I laugh hard which consequently is alot. But I only took the pain killers for two days and then I have not even needed them since. They placed a plateon my bone and so I can go without a cast, but they gave me one that I can take on and off just incase I bump it or trip. But the surgeon even says that I can work with it, as long as I stay away from bikes. So I have been teaching with the Elders here in Joberg. It has been awesome. I must say. Joberg is HUGE. It is like New york. It is crazy big. I love it, but my heart is still in Madagascar. I am excited Friday I get to go home to good old Mada. Only 3 more days!!!! So the Lord is definately watching over me. I feel very spoiled. Simba in Malagasy by the way. He is giving me awesome resume builders for med school, and also showed me the profession that I think I would like to persue. Orthopedic Surgery. Also I got to check of a thing from my buket list. I went on an African Safari, and I also got to play with a Lion!!! It is so cool. I sent dad some pics and am sending you some different ones so you will have to compare. Also tell that family in the ward that I actually lived with Elder ***** for my first month. He is the nicest man I have met. He is also the best at the language in the whole mission. He is super smart. I still havent been able to go into the temple, but I got to see it. I loved it. Also my old branch president from Antsirabe is here going through the temple with his family. I am so excited for him. I actually met his son who is serving here right now. Will you tell *** that I said thankyou so much for the letter and tha I will write him soon. Also ask him if he got my last letter. So I am very excited to get back to Mada. I am meeting with the doctor today. I will ask him if he will send a pic of the xray and some more info. But looks like everything will be perfect.
Well love you tons and CONGRATS on the test. Look at you a teacher now. And oh man TJ and the puppy are so cute now. I love the pics. TJ is kinda fat he needs to do some more sit ups.
Love you,
Elder Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment