Madagascar

Tia Ko Be Bug

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Letter from Bug to Share!!!!!

We just got an email from Elder Madsen today and I thought it would be nice to share with everyone... from his family: thank you sooo much for your support and kindness to him!!!

Manhoana!!Salama Ve? Mahafinartra!!! (Hello! How is your health/how are you? I am great!!)
How is everyone doing? I miss all of you so much. I was so happy to get so many letters, and the greeny package from you guys. It is true that a letter can turn a missionaries day completely around. I have been called to be the distric president, so I get the mail to destribute to the elders, and they literally wait out side the post office and drool. I love it here so much. It is very difficult, and VERY stressfull, and I am praying every day for patience...ALOT, but all the same I love it. Let me just say, all of the things you warned me about are true. I have found it is very hard to try to motivate someone, but when you have the Lord help motivate, you can help them do anything!! Like I have said I am the distric president. So I am over all of the Elders in the MTC going to the Madagascar mission. It is very humbling. I sometimes feel that there are many others who can do better than me, but they said that I was chosen out of revelation. I can say that I am learning so many valuable lessons from this and leadership skill that I thought I would never have. So I found out I am only here for 8 weeks!! I leave on the 16th of March!! I cannot believe a week has already gone by!! Already I can say about 100 words in Malagasy, All of my prayers and testimonies are said in Malagasy, and on Sat I am sapposed to give a basic 1st lesson in Malagasy too. The Language is very hard but Fantatro Fa Marina ny fanomazam pasoavina aminy teny. (I know the gift of tounges is true)
Tell everyone that I love them, and I love their letters. Kick Kacee in the butt for me and tell her to write to me. I am sending some hand written letters today too. So they should get there soon. I only get 30 minutes a week on the computer so I have to be picky on who I write. They keep us very busy here. ON the first day I didnt get to upack until 9:30 and even then I was only given 30 minutes. But all the same I still love it here so much. I know that this where I am sapposed to be and that this is truly the Lords work.
I love you all give everyone a big hug for me.
Love Elder Madsen

(as you can see he is already forgetting how to spell English!!) We are sooo proud of him!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you have a blog for Bug. We will keep watching for updates!

    ReplyDelete